Wednesday 26 November 2008

My creation for Belli challenge CBC # 19


Some weeks ago I won a set of stamps from Chris Dickinson who is a senior team member of Sweet n Sassy Stamps. They came all the way from America to England in quick time too. I could only pay my gratitude by making something out of them. I was only too amazed. These clear stamps are superbly made and stamp beautifully too, little room for mistakes. Chris has a challenge on her blog, 'Belli Challenge' where you can make projects from things that have been lying around or unused as there are evergrowing materials coming out everyday on the market. Every week there is a different one, this week you can choose from all the by gone Belli's. Well, i had visited Chris's blog several times and thought about entering one day and now i can. So thankyou Chris for these, I hope I have done justice to your stamps with my very first creation with your fantastic stamps. I don't expect to win second time but it's been fun and this creation is for CBC #19 white gel pen.

Cardstock used is textured and heavyweight but not sure which weight it is .Snowflake in centre has been heat embossed in black pigment ink and clear embossing powder, then I've gone alround in clear versamark ink and stamped with the same stamp and chalked over with grey, the sentiment has been heat embossed in the same way and mounted onto some blue DCWV neutrals cardstock which I received from a candy, the frame is handcut from same card, white mini brads added and white Sakura gel pen faux stitching, then lifted with foam pads to stand out. Black fine waterproof pen used for accenting around card and three gemstones added to finish on sentiment. Simple card not too heavily embellished I'm afraid but sometimes less is more! What do you think?

a close up side view.

2 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Ruby- this is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the framed snowflake. You did a beautiful job with the white gel pen too! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge! Have a fabulous day!

Jeanette said...

Wow this is gorgeous Ruby. It is perfect. Sounds like a great challenge. Now, I have to ask...have you always been this lucky or is it a recent thing? You see to be winning blog candy left, right and center! LOL! Let me in on your secret! Hugs Jeanette