Friday 5 December 2008

Papertake Weekly Challenge 'recipe'


Well, for this week it is a recipe challenge - 1 ribbon, 2 rectangles, 3 embellishments.
I 've used the Wishing tree set from Marie for this challenge, just couldn't wait to use it. Now I mainly do small cards, not much of a large card fan but somehow as this gorgeous tree was crying out to me I just had to make a large card (A4 folded in half) as it is a large stamp . The set actually has a lot on it see the previous post. So here we go...

The swirly papers are a download from Lets Make Cards which gave them away on Crafts Beautiful online giveaway last weekend, stuck down on some good heavyweight cardstock, and faux stitching with my black pen, the 2 reddish rectangles paper is from stash, it's not a true red but a little on the orangey side so it went well with the red in the swirls and I layered some more of the backing paper and stitched with my machine in black. The tree is stamped with black stazon and faux stitched in black pen, 3 embellishments are the baubles which are included on the set coloured with copics YG06 green and R29 red and lifted with foam pads. The 1 ribbon was difficult to find as initially i wanted a red to go but didn't have the correct shade so i remembered I had some pale limey grosgrain ribbon in an old QVC kit so that was that. Finished off with a greeting from the same set and crystal dust added to parts of tree and baubles. Hope you like.. thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Jo said...

Great card and I love that image!!

Annie said...

thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a lovely comment. I love your wishing tree card - I've not seen that stamp before. hugs, annie x

Ann said...

What a very pretty card, and I love that image. xx

Karen said...

Love it! The paper really sets off the tree.

Mrs Mayne said...

Fab card! Thanks for joining us for the PTW recipe challenge!