Wednesday 10 December 2008

Friday Sketchers
This is my little effort for this challenge, I've not taken part in this one for weeks now and thought what better to use Claudia's candy that I won for her own sketch. I chose the Stampavie ones and they are too gorgeous. Obviously I'm nowhere near to all those talented creative people out there and trust me Claudia and one or two others have real talent, well...maybe a few others too!

So my card for Friday Sketchers is 10cm x 21cm and was near perfect, as it was from an old QVC kit. The papers are from HOTP Vintage 8 x 8 papers.I've added ribbon/lace from own stash and machined it with white thread as glue dots or double tape would simply have not held it.Sentiment is from See-D's from QVC mounted onto silver mirri card, image is Stampavie's 'joy of giving' if I'm correct, slightly watercoloured as I didn't want to ruin this beautiful image and wanted to do justice to the wonderful people who have created her, i can see so many possibilities like birthdays that I would use this stamp. Mounted onto mirri, a bit of doodling around edges with brown gel pen and crystal dust on parts and lastly but not least added my hand crotched flower with mini brad from stash to finish!

I've been doing another batch of flowers with some 2 ply wool I found up in the loft, nicely wrapped and tucked for when I had a craving to knit. So maybe you'll see a bit of my flowers on my creations. Hope you like and tomorrow there will be something matching to this card. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh my goodness Ruby..
what a fabulous card!!! :-)
that sexy sarah image is so cute.. dont you think? you colored so beautifully to match your paper.

hugs