Tuesday 6 January 2009

Sketch Saturday # 32

I found Sketch Saturday challenge blog just before christmas, and I shall try to take part in a few of their challenges. The standard is very high in all challenges and I don't think I've a chance anywhere near, but here it goes...Base is 5 inch square, stripey backing paper is from DCWV not sure what range,corners done using compass cutter on stash bits of paper,the blue has a faint brown chalking of Grunge scroll 019 stamp from www.stempelglede.com, accented with white Sakura gel pen, the image is stamped in Stazon,watercoloured with my new christmas present Koi watercolours and I'm delighted to say with a bit more practice these may be the right medium for me as the Copics are the bright pack of 12 I have and not really getting on with them very well and so expensive to buy!


So that is on to some brown paper, accented, then onto gold mirri board, glamour dust added, flowers punched out of the same green as the corners, doubled and co-ordinating brad added from old QVC kit. Finished! hope you like :) and have a nice day!

5 comments:

Ila said...

Gorgeous Card Ruby!! your coloring is Beautiful on this sweet image..and the layout and papers are Fabulous!....Hugs, Ila

Rach said...

your card is gorgeous, a lovely image beautifully coloured. hugs rachx

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh GREAT LAY OUT! Love the corners and especially your focal image! Wonderful card! TFS!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Ruby and your colouring is gorgeous. I love what you have done with the sketch, Hugs, Nikki x

Bev said...

Ruby this is wonderful!! Your colouring of the image is brilliant - fabby colours too

hugs Bev x