Tuesday 12 August 2008

Here it is, Acetate Wedding Card and it will go to the Happy Couple this weekend.

The braid I picked up from a cheap haberdashery shop at 25p a metre but because it was end roll he gave the rest of it free, i'd guess another metre and a half. It's stuck on using double sided tape which you cannot see on the other side . The topper wedding cake I made myself out of handmade paper pieced together with three flat backed pearls and a bit of gold glitter glue, lifted with foam squares onto a piece of pink blank card then onto gold mirri board, withe a peel-off sentiment. This is again lifted with foam suqares on to the acetate which is rounded at the edges.


The inside...

which is the same process as the front with a peel-off sentiment as I don't have appropriate stamp to do this. To me it still looks great!


A close-up of the front. I would have liked a clearer image but the flash on the camera sends everything white when i get too close. I have to learn how to trim my photos which is probably something I'll have to do a dozen times as technology and me don't go together very well :(

Any way any comments welcomed but the main thing is , when I saw that braid in the shop and I new there was this one card I was going to make ,I just knew It would fit well.


Over at Deanne's is a blogoversary celebration going on with challenges and prizes. Head on over here

2 comments:

Ila said...

This is just Gorgeous!! the braid is beautiful...I love the cake, acetate..everything!! I bet the couple will love and treasure this card!!....Hugs, Ila

Debbie said...

This is a stunning card - just beautiful. :) :)

Love the braiding and what a bargain. :) It really sets off and finishes the card beautifully - the happy couple will be thrilled with it and will treasure it. :) :)

xxDebbiexx

Ps thanks for visiting my blog - you're a sweetie. :)