Thursday 4 December 2008

Penny Black Challenge 25 'No Patterned Paper'



I've been away for a little while playing with my new toy (sewing machine). So what perfect way to show it off, I mean my stitching. I had the last one for 23 years and these new ones have so much in them that yet again it's more reading to how does it do what? Well any way this isn't what my creation was suppose to look like but as the lilac/ purple thread was already in the bobbin i thought i would go with that colour way. So here we go...

Base card is heavyweight and slightly textured and I've zig-zagged down both sides, then also same round the stamped image which was sent to me by Sheila but did this on a tighter stitch, (sorry don't know what it's called), coloured with metallic colouring pencils as they are much softer and the green and yellow are done with glitter pens.Crystal dust is added to accent parts of image, found a co-ordinating yellow piece of card from stash and layered it, embossed dots are done with old brass stencil and light box only on areas where I needed them, sentiment is a stamp from Tesco's and hole punched, doodled around and threaded through some posh ribbon, yellow paper flower and brad from stash to finish!!! I think it will do, thanks for looking and have a nice day!

5 comments:

Marcea said...

this is lovely - glad you managed to work out your new machine. Great stamp from Tesco's too!!! Thanks for joining us this week
-x-

Kath Stewart said...

oh this is super cute...love the image and well done on the stitching - thanks for playing along this week at PBSC
Hugs
kath
xxxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Ruby and such a sweet image, Have lots of fun with your new machine, Hugs, Nikki x

Bev said...

Fab card, the stitching looks great.

hugs Bev x

Pauline C said...

Fantastic stitching with your enw machine, and i also love your doodled tag piece - overall a fab card. Thanks for joining in the PBSc this week
Pauline x