Wednesday 28 December 2011

Morning all! Please don't worry...this is still Ribenaruby's blog, I hope evryone has had a good christmas and still enjoying the festivities into the New Year. I thought I'd show you my little knitting project since this has took time off my cardmaking, the cards have been scarce on here the last few weeks. It started out with 'I can knit that in a week, it's made with chunky wool', well two and a half months later it's arrived!!! The cardigan was a request from my teenage daughter and the last time i knitted up a full adult size jumper was 20 years ago for my husband!!! The brain cells are slowly deteroriating it looks like :( but I got to the end, she specifically requested longer in the arm as she wanted the cuffs up to her fingers.


Now my daughter cuts off labels that irritate the back of the neck...so i thought i'd use my tiny personalised christmas stamp with the santa on it from Scrapmagasinet but mask off the oval and santa just to reveal 'handmade by ruby' bit stamped in Memento ink...lightly tied with the same wool so she can easily remove it!


No challenges entered....but you may notice on this pic the addition of pockets...she said she specifically requested 'pockets', kids, what would you do without them. So there they are, knitted and sewn on with leftover wool and brain cells! I used a SIRDAR pattern 9259, Crofter Chunky, smallest size with a cream 'life chunky' wool by Stylecraft, 75% acrylic, 25% wool, needles 5 1/2 and 6 1/2 mm. Hope this has inspired some one out there to pick up your knitting needles and start practicing again, all in all a really simple pattern. My daughter loved it so much that she fell asleep on the sofa still wearing it. Have a great day!


1 comment:

Sandra H said...

Hi Ruby, this is lovely:) Sandra H