Thursday 3 December 2009

Lexi's Creations second challenge. This fortnight it is a shaped card and I'm so glad I found this new blog as I've used Pengy their image, fab digi's. Well after watching Create &Ccraft on TV the other day and they were advertising Snow Globes templates... i thought I'd make my own, why spend all that money especially at this time of year, tough acetate recycled off a posh present, practiced first on sheets of paper to get the measurements right to fit my envelope 14 cm square. Transformed the whole thing onto card and noticed a few do's and don'ts for next time. So the image is coloured with Koh-I-Noor pencils and blended after, this penguin is no ordinary colour, a bit funky to go with the challenge A Spoonfull of Sugar 'Non- traditional colours christmas card', Digital Tuesday #35 'Christmas Sparkle' and last but not least Creative Card Crew #39 'Christmas', a new one to me! Everything from stash, mirri board, sequined ribbon, gems on ear muff, sentiment from Crafters Companion range. I could have put the post on the inside but to make it different, added it outside, acetate had the frosting on it already, simple enough for me...own personalised stamp on the last pic from Scrapmagasinet, hope you like, any comments always appreciated...sorry for long post, my daughter showed me how to crop properly on Microsoft Photo Editor today and she left after showing me one and doing the rest was abig big chore, but we are here at last!




11 comments:

Saskia said...

Gorgeous work!!! So beautiful and so cute!

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!

Saskia :)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fab and so cute too.
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Ruby, love the shape!!
Clairex

Lexi said...

Oh how wonderful :D

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's creations

Lexi xxx

Ila said...

Wow!!..this is just Amazing and So Gorgeous!!..Hugs, Ila

lalkygirl said...

fabulous card,how clever you are ,its so cute
lalkygirl
x x

coldwaters2 said...

This is a truly wonderful creation and it made me smile thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week and I also want to thank you for the link to the challenge I haven't heard of it but have added it to my list.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anne said...

wtg Ruby this is brilliant. Love the acetate fron and well done you on making your own template.
Thanks for playing along with us on Lexi's creations
Anne x

Georgie said...

Wow Stunning card.It really brings a smile to your face
Thanks for joining us at Lexis Creations
Georgie

Riet said...

Ohh wowww Ruby,so beautiful,i love your image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Tracey said...

Gorgeous card Ruby, I'm def gonna try to make one of these :)

Thanks for joining in the fun at Lexi's creations.

Hugs
Tracey
x