Monday, 7 February 2011

One for The Sugar Bowl. At last I've got round to creating something using their fab sketch which I hope you like with one of my wins before christmas. I love hops and leaving sweet comments on blogs and my win is the Sugar Nellie Leanne Ellis 'mermaid' stamp from the Sugar Nellie blog. Absolutely stunning illustration and loved working with her and colouring with my Promarkers (hope I've done this justice) as my mind was pondering for quite a while???



I've been wanting to make this different style of easel card, so easy! Printed paper from an old HOTP Vintage pad, own hand made flower out of punched out hearts, Glamour Dust, sentiment stamp from Funstamps (long time ago), thin red ribbon from Crafty Ribbons, the embossed white is one of those goodie bag kids heart notebook from Tesco's (just took one out, punched tiny hearts with my Zision Provocrafts tool kit (QVC), embossed, inked and tied some ribbon where the book was bound together.

...the back. Sooo many pics today so I'll hurry up with other entries for my creation...Paper Play 'stamp it out', Crafty Creations 'red roses', I love Promarkers 2nd entry 'anything goes', Crafts and Me 'red', Wild Orchid 'love is', Craft Your passion 'anything goes', Magical Monday 'love' (use a magical image), Stamptacular Sunday 'hearts gone wild' (on the white), Crazy 4 'valentines', The Crafty pad 'love is in the air', and new # to me Do You Stack Up 'red hot' (there's plenty of red so I hope it counts). Wishing you all a fantastic Monday evening!

21 comments:

Deirdre said...

Beautiful card Ruby.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our "Stamp it Out" Challenge. ♥

Peggysue said...

So pretty! Your image is terrific and I couldn't believe how well you matched the background DP with your coloring of the image frame! Wow. Thank you for joining us at DYSU for RED HOT week. Please play again!

WencheP said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

katesacraftybugger said...

Lovely card ,thanks for joining in at I ♥ promarkers this week

Janet said...

Wow this is gorgeous Ruby! x

Miranda said...

fantastic card Ruby, lovely image and great colours
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

*Vicki* said...

Wowzer!! Ruby, this is just stunning!! LOVE that image and your coloring is awesome!! TFS! HUGS

Karen said...

Lovely and what a cute image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Lynda Benden said...

What a gorgeous image! Beautiful card!

Marion said...

Lovely card and gorgeous image. Great choice of paper for the mermaid. Thanks for playing along at Magical Mondays.

princesskitten said...

she's darling - love all the layers

kitten DYSU team

Janna said...

Ruby, what an awesome red hot card! Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU this week! Janna

Lilian said...

This is gorgeous work! Gorgeous details and coloring :)
I have been seeing a bit of the twisted easel card and I am almost tempted to try it lol! Thank you for showing how the back looks - I was very curious about it :)
Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

~ Ali Watson ~ said...

Fabulous creation, loving the style of card you have chosen ruby. It fits this image perfectly.

Thanks for playing in The Sugar Bowl

Ali x

Sammibug said...

Gorgeous card! Love the fold! Thank you for sharing your wonderful creation with us at Craft Your Passion in our "anything goes" challenge. Good Luck!

Lorraine said...

Ooooh, I've not seen one of those before. It's lovely. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Heidi said...

I love this modified easel card, beautiful! Gorgeous mermaid. Thanks for playing the magical mondays love challenge.

gina g said...

Wow this is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this time. luv gina xx

Graphicat said...

Ooooh! I love that little twist on the easle card! I must try that! I love this! Great Valentine!
Im so glad you could join us at Stamptacular this week!
Cheers
Cheri

Vixykins said...

Such a sweet card Ruby, lovely! Thank You for playing at Crafts & Me x

Distressed Miss said...

Gorgeous card Ruby fab design and layout.
Thanks for joining us at Magical Mondays.
Hugs
Clare
x